Re: Error during compile of 2.5.69-mm8

From: Thomas Schlichter (schlicht@uni-mannheim.de)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 01:40:06 EST

Am Montag, 26. Mai 2003 04:18 schrieb David S. Miller:
> From: Thomas Schlichter <schlicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 16:36:59 +0200
>
> I also attached a patch that fixes the SET_MODULE_OWNER thing for
> net/ipv4/ by using static initializers
>
> I can't apply these patches, there are errors. You remove
> the esp4_type->owner setting, but don't put the static initializer
> in there.

I created the patches against -mm8 with the SET_MODULE_OWNER lines modified by
hand to match your patched version, so the patches apply here cleanly...

> I suppose you do test the changes you make in your patches, right?
> What was the test you made to make sure the esp4_type module ownership
> was set correctly? :-)

Well, I looked into the code...
In version 1.26 of the file net/ipv4/esp.c rusty already added the static
initializer into the struct.

Best regards
Thomas Schlichter