What does laptop-mode do?

From: Brad Chapman (jabiru_croc@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 15:46:37 EST

Mr. Axboe,

What exactly does your laptop-mode patch for 2.4.21-rc2 do? I've
read through parts of it and it appears to add logic to the VM
which causes it to do things at a certain time, as specified by
userspace. Unfortunately I can't puzzle much else out of it, and
I can't run it yet.

You;ve also said that it adds a "non-significant" amount of battery
time. How much battery time do you mean (10%, 15%, 15min, etc...)

TIA

Brad Chapman