Re: "Latitude with broken BIOS" ?

From: Brouard Nicolas (brouard@ined.fr)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 03:55:14 EST

I am not well aware of what APIC is but I was running Mandrake 8.2 on my Linux
partition of a Dell Pentium III latitude 550 MHz and I don't remember such a
dmesg message. But when I upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 here it is. The problem I
have is that I can't have any suspend mode any more neither battery
indicators and /etc/rc.d/init.d/apm start claims that apm is no more in the
kernel. Is it linked to that APIC problem and this BIOS problem, why did it
work earlier? Do you think that if I found a new bios from Dell it will help?

Any information will be greatly appreciated (I am sorry no to be able to
change my laptop so frequently...)

--
Nicolas Brouard