Re: [patch] cache flush bug in mm/filemap.c (all kernels >= 2.5.30(at least))

From: Lothar Wassmann (LW@KARO-electronics.de)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 03:20:59 EST

Russell King writes:
> We seem to have flush_icache_page() in install_page() - I wonder whether
> we should also have flush_dcache_page() in there as well.

Maybe because install_page() isn't called in the situation I
was talking about. install_page() is called from filemap_populate()
which in turn is called from do_file_map() in handle_pte_fault(),
while I was talking about filemap_nopage() called by do_no_page() in
handle_pte_fault().

And maybe because *every* other call to flush_page_to_ram() has been
replaced by one of the new interface macros except that one in
filemap_nopage() in 'mm/filemap.c'.

Lothar Wassmann