Re: Error during compile of 2.5.69-mm8

From: Thomas Schlichter (schlicht@uni-mannheim.de)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 18:47:00 EST

On May 23, David S. Miller wrote:
> From: Thomas Schlichter <schlicht@uni-mannheim.de>
> Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 01:28:06 +0200
>
> On May 23, David S. Miller wrote:
> > Yoshfuji posted a patch on linux-kernel to fix this already.
>
> Sorry, I must have missed this patch - that would have made my work
> obsolete -
> but I'd like to see how that supports all the other
> SET_MODULE_OWNER calls from all the other places...
>
> They also should be converted to explicit ->owner references.

Well, I don't think so...
I don't like it if there is a possibility doing it with an initializer, but in
other cases it may increase readability, too...

There was a discussion about SET_MODULE_OWNER here on the list, once.
You can find it here:

At the end Rusty made a small patch that never made it into the mainline tree
(even if I think it should have...) His mail with the patch can be found at:

     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105065084724249&w=2

(I like the analogy to a mainframe ;-)

Best regards
   Thomas Schlichter