Promise SX6000 No handler for event (fwd)

From: kernel (kernel@mousebusiness.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 09:11:52 EST

Alan Cox writes:

>> May 19 13:05:59 production kernel: i2o/iop0: No handler for event
>> (0x00000020)
>> May 19 13:05:59 production kernel: i2o/iop0: No handler for event
>> (0x00000020)
>
> It sent us two event messages for events we've never head of (or asked
> for)
If we never asked for these messages, why did it send them?

>> May 19 13:06:04 production kernel: i2o/iop0: Hardware Failure: Unknown Error
>
> and then exploded

Yep. That's what's happening. Now, how do I defuse it? I *think* I'm setting
this up just as suggested on this list and various other sources, yet still
it is a no-go.

Btw. I got those error messages while trying to copy data from an
NFS-mounted volume from an old, slow, busy server to my RAID. This tells me
that probably the errors aren't caused by the SX6000 getting floodded by
incoming data stream and not being able to keep up with it.