Re: [ANNOUNCE] submount: another removeable media handler

From: Steve Brueggeman (xioborg@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 11:45:46 EST

Off Topic, sorry.

Is there a way to detect whether a floppy has been installed, without
actually forcing the motor to spin, and heads to engage???

I'd like to create a simple auto-run utility that constantly looks for
a special file on a MSDOS formatted floppy, and run it if found.
Unfortunately, the only way I know of to determine if a floppy is
installed is to open the floppy device, which causes the undesired
motor spin-up, and head access.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Steve Brueggeman