timer interrupts on HP machines

From: Edwin Top (e.top@uzorg.nl)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 08:00:16 EST

I saw some discussion on this list about HP netserver hardware having
problems with time running forwards & backwards.

Some people tried some MP spec settings in the BIOS and it worked, some
people said it did not work for them.

We are having the same problem here with around 12 (!) servers here
every now and then and are not getting any helpfull support from HP.

Could someone who had the problem (discussed in February 2003 here)
contact me and tell me if they are still experiencing the problem or
tell me how they solved it?

I am suspecting that it is a HP firmware problem, but specifically
triggered by the linux kernel.

Cheers,

--
Edwin Top <e.top@uzorg.nl>
Uzorg BV

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. --Chinese Proverb