Re: 2.5.69-mm6: pccard oops while booting

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana (felipe_alfaro@linuxmail.org)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 19:03:03 EST

On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 01:55, Russell King wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 01:40:26AM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> > This is getting tricky. How about this one?
> > Attached is "ymfpci2.patch" with your suggested changes, and "dmesg"
> > with the new oops info.
>
> You need to reproduce the oops you get when you modprobe the module.
> The oops with this driver built in is different, and akpm's changes
> won't tell us which one causes the problem.
>
> Instead of adding a character to each of those strings, could you
> remove the 'Y' character so the strings remain the same length as
> the original - that may cause the oops to reappear.

Yeah! That's exactly what Carl proposed in a previous message. So, I
did, but now I can't reproduce the oops with ymfpci compiled as a
module. I can only reproduce the oops if ymfpci is built-into the
kernel.

Wops! I'm lost. I'm tired and it's too late, so I'd better get some
sleep and try to guess a little bit more tomorrow.

Thanks!