Re: Documentation/linux-logo-HOWTO.txt

From: cosmos (cosmos@wired-net.gr)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 06:25:22 EST

> On Tue, 13 May 2003, cosmos wrote:
> > i have written a doc for the hack of the bootup linux logo.The document
> > contains the main program that produces the linux-logo.h header file and
the
> > aquired measurements for the WIDTH & HEIGHT for the fbcon.c file.
> > Can this doc be included in the Documentation of the kernel.
>
> I guess this is for 2.4.x?
>
> Where are the patches?
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> Geert
>
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 --
geert@linux-m68k.org

> In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker.
But
> when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like
that.
> -- Linus Torvalds

I have included the doc in txt format as should be included in the
kernel.Yes the patch is for the 2.4.x kernel series. The C program supports
only PCX files but easily can adopt other formats.The patch can be included
also in the Kernel Hacking Section,in CONFIG_LINUX_LOGO_HACK,or sth like
that and retrieve the PCX information from the same directory which the
patch is included.
If the doc is going to be included in the kernel doc in any way please let
me know.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Chris.