[ANNOUNCE] HFS+ driver

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 10:06:59 EST

Hi,

I'm proud to announce a complete new version of the HFS+ fs driver. This
work was made possible by Ardis Technologies (www.ardistech.com). It's
based on the driver by Brad Boyer (http://sf.net/projects/linux-hfsplus).

The new driver now supports full read and write access. Perfomance has
improved a lot, the btrees are kept in the page cache with a hash on top
of this to speed up the access to the btree nodes.
I also added support for hard links and the resource fork is accessible
via <file>/rsrc.

This is a beta release. I tested this a lot, so I consider it quite safe
to use, but I can't give any guarantees at this time of course. There is
also still a bit to do (e.g. the block allocator needs a bit more work).

The driver can be downloaded from http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/ .
The README describes how to build the driver.

If something should go wrong, I also have patch for Apple's diskdev_cmds
(available from http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.2.5/),
which ports newfs_hfs and fsck_hfs to Linux and fixes the endian problems.
The patch is at http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/diskdev_cmds.diff.gz .
After applying the patch the tools can be built with 'make -f
Makefile.lnx'.

bye, Roman