[NFS] bk update ready for 2.5.69

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 08:21:04 EST

Linus, please do a

        bk pull http://nfsclient.bkbits.net/linux-2.5

This will update the following files:

 fs/fs-writeback.c | 3
 fs/lockd/host.c | 14 --
 fs/lockd/mon.c | 1
 fs/nfs/dir.c | 2
 fs/nfs/file.c | 2
 fs/nfs/write.c | 6 -
 include/linux/sunrpc/xdr.h | 5
 include/linux/sunrpc/xprt.h | 2
 mm/page-writeback.c | 2
 net/sunrpc/clnt.c | 58 ++++++-----
 net/sunrpc/sched.c | 5
 net/sunrpc/xdr.c | 111 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 net/sunrpc/xprt.c | 229 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------

through these ChangeSets:

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1098)
   UDP and TCP zero copy code for the NFS client. The main interest
   of this patch is to eliminate the use of xdr_kmap() and xdr_unmap()
   by replacing them with MSG_MORE. xdr_kmap() is deadlock-prone
   due to the fact that it has to kmap() several pages at the same time.

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1097)
   Ensure that Lockd and the NSM (statd) clients always use privileged
   ports. Remove the existing code to temporarily raise privileges in
   fs/lockd/host.c, and use the new code in net/sunrpc/xprt.c

   There should no longer be a need to temporarily change the fsuid.
   Remove this feature.

<cel@citi.umich.edu> (03/05/07 1.1096)
   the recently-applied patch to fix the rpc_show_tasks() Oops is incomplete.
   this applies over 2.5.68 and should address all of the issues in
   rpc_show_tasks().

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1095)
   Add the sk->callback_lock spinlocks to the RPC socket callbacks
   in order to protect the socket from being released by one
   CPU while the other is in a soft interrupt.

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1094)
   Ensure that if we need to reconnect the socket, we also resend
   the entire RPC message

   Assorted TCP reconnection fixes.

   Temporarily raise the necessary CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE capability
   if we need to bind the socket to a reserved port during a TCP
   reconnection. Check for CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE at mount time.

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1093)
   Don't use an RPC child process when reconnecting to a TCP server.
   This is more efficient, and also fixes an existing deadlock
   situation in which the child could be waiting for an xprt_write_lock
   that was being held by the parent.

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1092)
   Fix a TCP race: check whether or not the socket has been disconnected
   before we allow an RPC request to wait on a reply.

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1091)
   Fix typos in close-to-open cache consistency checking.

<trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> (03/05/07 1.1090)
   Decrement the nr_unstable page state after the COMMIT RPC call
   completes instead of before. This ensures that writeback
   WB_SYNC_ALL does wait on completion.

   Don't overreport the number of pages we wrote out. It is safer to
   underreport.

   Fix missing NFSv3 unstable write accounting in fs/fs-writeback.c
   and mm/page-writeback.c