Open POSIX Test Suite 1.0.0

From: Selbak, Rolla N (rolla.n.selbak@intel.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 17:50:14 EST

Release 1.0.0 of the Open POSIX Test Suite is now available at
http://posixtest.sourceforge.net

This release contains complete core POSIX conformance interface tests for:
Signals, Message queues, Semaphores, Timers, <sched.h> process scheduling.
Threads core tests 95% complete.

It also contains bug fixes from 0.9.0. The release notes that appear on
download describe how to compile and run these tests. The file QUICK-START
is a quick and practical way to get started building and running the tests.
The README page and the Open POSIX Test Suite website (above) will give more
information on the project goals and progress as well as information on how
to contribute or contact us if you are interested.

Many thanks to Jerome Marchand, Robert Williamson and other members of the
POSIX testing community for their bug fixes, patches, and suggestions on how
to improve the 0.9.0 suite.

The Open POSIX Test Suite is an open source test suite with the goal of
creating conformance test suites, as well as potentially functional and
stress test suites, to the functions described in the IEEE Std 1003.1-2001
System Interfaces specification. Initial work is focusing on timers,
threads, semaphores, signals, and message queues. Feel free to contact
posixtest-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net if you would like further
information.

Rolla

* my views are not necessarily my employer's *