Re: [2.4.21-rc1] USB Trackball broken

From: David van Hoose (davidvh@cox.net)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 17:43:59 EST

Nils Holland wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 April 2003 23:38, you wrote:
>

>>>If you do not build in the CONFIG_USB_EHCI driver, does it work ok?
>>
>>Nope. Same deal. Tried all 6 ports too. Attached is the dmesg and config.
>

> Strange. My trackball actually seems to be the very same as yours (Logitech
> Cordless Trackman Optical). I'm also using a Logitech cordless keyboard, but
> that's a different issue.
>
> Anyway, here's my .config and dmesg with which this stuff is working just
> fine:
;SNIP

By what my output is showing, I don't think the USB device is being
registered with input correctly.
Your dmesg line:
input2: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb1:2.1
My dmesg line:
: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb2:4.0

I don't have the first field on mine.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
David