Re: FileSystem Filter Driver

From: William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 09:27:31 EST

Good day, Nir, Rogier,

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Rogier Wolff wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 12:28:33PM +0200, Nir Livni wrote:
> > I am looking for information about writing a FileSystem Filter Driver on RH.
> > Any documentation or source code samples whould be appreciated.
>
> Check out one of the latest Linux Journals. I think they just
> published an article about this!

        The May 2003 issue did include an article from Erez Zadok on the
topic of the FiST project (File System Translator), which is exactly what
you're looking for.
        The project homepage is at
http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/research/fist/ . There are links there
to the language specification (see his phd dissertation), downloadable
code, sample filesystems, and a mailing list.
        Cheers,
        - Bill

        "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of
tapes."
        -- Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS
(Courtesy of Clem Yonkers <cyonkers@intervis.com>)