Re: grsecurity in 2.5?

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz (gj@pointblue.com.pl)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 18:36:26 EST

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 22:38, Chris Wright wrote:
> * Zoltan NAGY (nagyz@piarista-kkt.sulinet.hu) wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Greg KH wrote:
> >
> > > What's the status of that patch being ported to the LSM interface (which
> > > is already in 2.5)?
> >
> > AFAIK there was a discussion about it, but i dont know what decision has
> > born..
>
> I don't think the grsecurity developers are motivated to port their work
> to LSM. Patches are welcome of course ;-)
Maybe we should start to bring them piece by piece, fe. PaX first and
others.
Question is not that will somebody do that, i am sure of that - grsec is
needed in 2.4 - and it will be needed in 2.6. Question is, if it will be
included in mainstream kernel release ?

--
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj@pointblue.com.pl>
K4 labs