Re: updates for the new IRQ API

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 06:49:59 EST

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Andrew Morton wrote:

> A change was made today to the kernel's IRQ handlers. See
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1999147&forum_id=2314
>
> for details.

Hmm, if we are breaking already every driver, how about gettting rid of
the pt_regs argument. The timer interrupt is the only real user and it can
also be stored in irq_desc_t, from where the timer can get it with the
irq number.
To preserve compatibility we could add something like this for 2.4:

#define alloc_irq(irq, handler, flags, name, id) \
        request_irq(irq, (irqreturn_t (*)(int, void *, struct pt_regs *))handler, flags, name, id)

bye, Roman