Re: [RFC/PATCH] archs: vmlinux.lds.S unification

From: Miles Bader (miles@lsi.nec.co.jp)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 00:34:17 EST

Kai Germaschewski <kai-germaschewski@uiowa.edu> writes:
> I'm wondering if anybody (particularly arch maintainers) have comments or
> objections for changes like the appended, which separate out common bits
> from arch/$ARCH/vmlinux.lds.S and put them into

Well the definition of EXTABLE is wrong on the v850, for the same reason
the definition of RODATA is wrong; see the previous discusion on lkml
for details.

[The v850 has hairier linker script(s) than most args, and making it
conform to the model you've chosen will probably require all its linker
scripting to be rewritten. I haven't gotten around to figuring out how
that can be done yet.]

-Miles

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia