Re: proposed optimization for network drivers

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 03:36:40 EST

What is we change the congestion implementation? Then we'll
have to edit every single driver. I don't think that's very
maintainable.

The whole idea is to abstract things out as far as possible so that
the device drivers are totally agnostic about the details of the
generic network queueing implementation.

I mean, it's an interesting idea, but it exposes details that
should not be exposed.