Kernel 2.4.20 AT keyboard present ?

From: Pestouille (pestouille@3ie.org)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 05:03:21 EST

Hi,

I'm not an expert in kernel compilation but I had this problem :

keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?
keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

My system is as follows :

- Dell dimension 8250
- P4 3.06 with HT (enabled in bios)
- 512 RDRAM
- DD Ide 120 Go
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
- Debian with lastest packages

This problem occurs with a 2.4.20 kernel. With the basic 2.2.20 provided in
the woody, the system works without problems.
The thing really odd is when using a 2.4.20 patched kernel for gentoo, I've
got the keyboard working but the X don't let me use my keyboard either my
mouse.

I also tried using a 2.4.21-pre7 without success.

I'm open to any suggestions ;)

PS : my kernel is compiled with SMP support and my keyboard and mouse are
PS/2.

I didn't subscribe to the lkml so If you would be nice enough to send me
answer by mail.

Thank you.

--
Adrien Pestel