Re: ac97, alc101+kt8235 sound

From: Benson Chow (blc@q.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 00:01:06 EST

You're right, it's not necessary.

It just reports as 'Unknown' but works same as with the patch.

After some more testing, it plays fine, mixer works mostly, minus the
issue with recording. Attempting to record seems to inject 60 cycle hum
into the system and recorded output either bombs out or is just the hum -
no line-in signal is recorded. Looks like the realtek alc101 has some
quirks...

-bc

On 15 Apr 2003, Alan Cox wrote:

> Date: 15 Apr 2003 17:28:29 +0100
> From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
> To: Benson Chow <blc@q.dyndns.org>
> Subject: Re: ac97, alc101+kt8235 sound
>
> On Maw, 2003-04-15 at 18:09, Benson Chow wrote:
> > What's the normal flow to get this added into ac97_codecs.c?
> >
> > + {0x414C4730, "ALC101", &null_ops},
> >
> > Adding this line into the table in ac97_codecs.c (with a few missing
> > #defines fixed... then I noticed they're already in -ac1 :) in
> > 2.4.21-pre7 made sound work fine.
>
> This really shouldnt make any difference. Does it work without that
> patch as well ?
>

> -

WARNING: All HTML emails get deleted. DO NOT SEND HTML MAIL.