Re: 2.4.x Problem with cd writing

From: Steffen Moser (lists@steffen-moser.de)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 13:10:05 EST

Hi!

* On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 07:19 PM (+0200), Michael Buesch wrote:

> While my writer writes TOC or fixes CD (doesn't write real data-stream),
> the whole ide-disk interface of the system is frozen.

Are you sure that the whole IDE subsystem freezes? I suppose that only
the IDE channel where the CD writer is connected to becomes frozen
(I had a similar problem after installing my first IDE CD writer some
weeks ago).

You can try the option "-immed" which is available at least when using
"cdrecord-2.0" [1].

HTH!

Bye,
Steffen