Re: Private namespaces

From: Lee Causier (LeeCausier@GameBox.net)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 08:40:15 EST

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/lk/lk-6.html

Take a look at 6.3.3 "Per-process namespaces"
[-- snip --]
"BUGS: The program mount does not know about this feature yet, so
updates /etc/mtab. Reality is visible in /proc/mounts. Some kernel
versions have a bug that would cause the new process to have a strange
working directory. Probably that is avoided if this is started with a
working directory / or so - not in some mounted filesystem."

I found symlinking /etc/mtab to /proc/self/mounts (or /proc/mounts,
mhich is a symlink to /proc/self/mounts) solved the mount bug.

HTH

Regards,

Lee Edward Causier.