Invalid IOctl

From: Theewara Vorakosit (g4465018@cc.cpe.ku.ac.th)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 04:19:06 EST

Dear All,
    I'm sorry it you get more than one copy of this mail.

    I user Gigabyte 7VXRP mainboard. It has on board promise ATA
Raid/ATA 133 controller. I set in BIOS to user Raid. The chip model
reported from lspci is PDC20276.

00:0f.0 RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC20276 IDE (rev 01)

    I configure raid 0 on it with 2 80G-HDD. I use red hat 9. I install
it on 40 G hdd (hda). The kernel version is 2.4.20-9. I manually insert
ataraid and pdcraid module. Then I can create 160G on it everything is
OK. However, when I mount partition on it, there is an error message:
"Invalid ioctl". Why this error message is displayed? Does it effect to
system stability?
    Before I install redhat 9, I used this system with redhat 7.3 and
driver from promise. During install, it said that I have to initialize
raid. So, my data is lost. If I upgrade kernel (using redhat rpm), is
there any chance that my data will lost?

Thanks,
Theewara