Re: New Software Suspend Patch for testing.

From: Patrick Mochel (mochel@osdl.org)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 16:35:22 EST

> One more problem is that you're also trying to follow a moving target
> using a linked list for the meta information (to allow unlimited image
> size), and at the request of others, compressing (zlib) the saved pages
> to make the image faster to save/load.

The issue is not following a moving target. It's reading poorly maintained
and documented code.

If I were you, I would work first at cleaning up the code, then work on
adding features to it. There were many opportunities I found for
improvement when reworking the code, plus it became orders of magnitude
easier to follow.

        -pat