Re: module for sony network walkman

From: Balram Adlakha (b_adlakha@softhome.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 14:18:19 EST

> >Is there any driver available for accessing the flash memory of my sony usb
> >network walkman (nw-e5)? This thing was quite expensive and I really would
> >like it to work.

>At a guess, it might just act like a disk device. Without a lot more
>information, I can't help you any further. What does lsusb say about
>it?
>
>John.

this is what lsusb says:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 054c:0035 Sony Corp.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength 18
  bDescriptorType 1
  bcdUSB 1.10
  bDeviceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass 0
  bDeviceProtocol 0
  bMaxPacketSize0 8
  idVendor 0x054c Sony Corp.
  idProduct 0x0035
  bcdDevice 1.00
  iManufacturer 1 Sony
  iProduct 2 Network-Walkman
  iSerial 0
  bNumConfigurations 1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 32
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 0
    bmAttributes 0x80
    MaxPower 100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength 9
      bDescriptorType 4
      bInterfaceNumber 0
      bAlternateSetting 0
      bNumEndpoints 2
      bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass 0
      bInterfaceProtocol 0
      iInterface 0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength 7
        bDescriptorType 5
        bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes 2
          Transfer Type Bulk
          Synch Type none
        wMaxPacketSize 64
        bInterval 0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength 7
        bDescriptorType 5
        bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT
        bmAttributes 2
          Transfer Type Bulk
          Synch Type none
        wMaxPacketSize 64
        bInterval 0
  Language IDs: (length=4)
     0409 English(US)

however, I am not able to just load the usb-storage, scsi disk and scsi
generic modules and mount it coz its not shown anywhere in /dev (devfs)
Will it work if I try some of the flash memory writer modules? What can I try?