Re: Kernels since 2.5.60 upto 2.5.67 freeze when X server terminates

From: Rudmer van Dijk (rudmer@legolas.dynup.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 07:20:12 EST

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 13:36, Petr Cisar wrote:
> Hello
>
> Since 2.5.60, I have been experiencing problems with a complete system
freeze or random oopses when the X-server terminates. It is happening on both
machines I am using whose hardware configuration differs slightly, however
both of them are equipped with ATI video cards (ATI Rage 128 and ATI Radeon
8500), and both of them run the same version of X-server. That's about all
they have in common.

> The version of X-server I am using is:
> XFree86 Version 4.3.0
> Release Date: 27 February 2003

seen it to (~60% of the time)
my X is quite old:
XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 January 2002

thought that it was a problem of X and didn't have time to update it
(although I played with a lot of -mm kernels since 2.5.64).

        Rudmer