Re: readprofile ; Meaning of "Length of procedure"

From: Shesha@asu.edu
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 18:23:50 EST

Thanks a lot Andy, one this that is bothering me is,
Say if the load of procedures by executing the command mentioned by you is as
follows in descending order....

2604 __geneic_copy_to_user 40.6875
1705 csum_patrial_copy_generic 6.8750
370 __generic_copy_from_user 3.75
764 do_annonymous_page 3.1754
176 handle_IRQ_event 1.5714
31 remove_wait_queue 0.96

the list goes on

are these procedures condidered as load on the CPU? how much of a load ?
very high, high, moderate .....

If you can throw some light on this, it will be great.
Thanking You
Shesha