Kernel Sockets Programming: closing sockets?

From: Lamont Granquist (lamont@scriptkiddie.org)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 16:07:05 EST

I've got some code I'm using which is calling sock_alloc(), sock_map_fd(),
socket->ops->connect() and then I'm trying to destroy it with
sock_release(). I'm leaving around file descriptors, so its pretty
obvious that I need to do more than sock_release() but I'm having trouble
figuring out exactly what I need to do. I'm thinking about adding a call
to sys_close() on the file descriptor I get back from sock_map_fd(), but I
haven't implemented that yet. Can anyone offer some insight, or
preferably some example code I could look at?