Re: Memory mapped files question

From: Bryan Shumsky (bzs@via.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 14:42:01 EST

Hi, everyone. Thanks for all your responses. Our confusion is that in Unix
environments, when we modify memory in memory-mapped files the underlying
system flusher manages to flush the files for us before the files are
munmap'ed or msysnc'ed.

Rewriting all of our code to manually handle the flushing is a MAJOR
undertaking, so I was hoping there might be some sneaky solution you could
come up with. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

-- Bryan Shumsky
Director of Engineering