Re: Oops: ptrace fix buggy

From: Jörn Engel (joern@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 12:21:11 EST

On Mon, 14 April 2003 11:09:02 -0600, James Bourne wrote:

> If you only change the one line and add the new variable I'm afraid it won't
> work due to other things changing as well... At least the files
> Makefile
> Rules.make
> arch/ppc/boot/Makefile
> arch/arm/boot/Makefile
> scripts/patch-kernel
> scripts/mkspec
> scripts/Menuconfig
>
> will need to be looked at as these are ones which contain references to
> SUBVERSION... References to EXTRAVERSION also reside in these files. It
> would just be better to do the "right thing" IMHO.
>
> I will take a look at this and produce a patch for the same.

Ok. But the patch I lost really didn't do anything else and works for
me (TM).

joern@Limerick:~$ uname -a
Linux Limerick 2.4.20.1-je1 #3 Sun Apr 6 22:20:45 CEST 2003 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux
joern@Limerick:~$

Jörn

--
Data dominates. If you've chosen the right data structures and organized
things well, the algorithms will almost always be self-evident. Data