Re: kernel support for non-English user messages

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 09:23:39 EST

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:40:46 +0300, Denis Vlasenko said:

> OTOH "I can go read the source" is the ultimate documentation
> which we have for zero extra effort.

It's a non-zero extra effort for me to poke around in the source for
drivers/video/riva/fbdev.c trying to find what parameters are legal
to attach to 'video=rivafb' - at least one posting to LKML has listed
append="video=rivafb,xres:1024,yres:768,bpp:8" but looking at the
rivafb_setup() code that only checks for "forceCRTC", "flatpanel", and
"nomtrr" - so even MORE digging is needed to find out who parses the
xres, yres, bpp values, what other values are legal, etc etc.