Re: Oops: ptrace fix buggy

From: Jörn Engel (joern@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 08:46:03 EST

On Mon, 14 April 2003 07:34:54 -0600, James Bourne wrote:

> This patch has also been added to the update patch available at
> http://www.hardrock.org/kernel/current-updates/linux-2.4.20-updates.patch
>
> This patch includes the ptrace patch, tg3 patch, and ext3 patches. It also
> changes the EXTRAVERSION to -uv2.

Privately, I have introduced a variable FIXLEVEL for this. The
resulting kernel version is 2.4.20.2 instead of 2.4.20-uv2, which imo
is more suiting for a fixed stable kernel.

Are you interested in this patch?

Jörn

--
If you're willing to restrict the flexibility of your approach,
you can almost always do something better.