Memory mapped files question

From: Bryan Shumsky (bzs@via.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 22:57:34 EST

Hi, everyone. I'm running into a problem that I hope someone else has seen,
and maybe can help solve. We're using the mmap system function for memory
mapped files, but our updates never get flushed until we munmap or msysnc.
Are we missing something? Is there a tunable parameter in the kernel or
filing system that can be set to flag these updates as 'write required'?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

-- Bryan Shumsky
Director of Engineering
Via Systems, Inc.