Re: PS/2 mouse problems with 2.5 input drivers

From: mikpe@csd.uu.se
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 12:01:53 EST

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:30:34 +0100 (MET), I wrote:
>On my Dell Latitude, the external PS/2 mouse works, but the
>sensitivity is way down compared to the 2.4 PS/2 driver.
>(As in: I have to move the mouse much further with 2.5 to
>move the mouse pointer a given distance on the screen.)
>
>On resuming after suspend (apm), the mouse goes bonkers.
>Even the tiniest mouse movement or key press seems to generate
>too many and bogus events (it wreaks havoc in my xterm), the
>PS/2 interrupt count goes up rapidly, and I get "psmouse.c:
>Lost synchronization, throwing N bytes away." (for N in 1-3).
>(Also, it seems the input layer detects most of my mice as
>"ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse", even though only one of them
>is a wheel mouse. I don't know if that's a problem.)

I got a tip to use the "psmouse_noext" kernel option, and
that solved the two latter problems: the mouse is now simply
recognized as a generic PS/2 mouse, and it doesn't go bonkers
after a suspend/resume cycle. Kernel 2.5.67.

The first problem remains: in console mode (not X), the
sensitivity is still way down compared to 2.4 kernels.
Is there a way to adjust that?