Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Framebuffer fixes.

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@infradead.org)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 23:48:51 EST

> > > Yes, fb_logo.depth == info->var.bits_per_pixel.
> >
> > Euh, now I get confused... Do you mean
> > `Yes, it should be replaced by info->var.bits_per_pixel' or
> > `No, logo.depth is always equal to info->var.bits_per_pixel'?
>
> :) Sorry about that. I meant:
>

> `No, fb_logo.depth is always equal to info->var.bits_per_pixel'

No this is no longer true. For example last night I displayed the 16 color
logo perfectly fine on a 16 bpp display!!!! The mono display still has
bugs tho. The new logo tries to pick the best image to display. Say for
example we have two video cards. One running VESA fbdev at 16 bpp and a
another at vga 4 planar via vga16fb. This way we can have the both the 16
color and 224 color logo compiled in. The correct logo will be displayed
then on the correct display. Now say we only have a mono display but all
the cards support 8 bpp or better. That logo still gets displayed.