Re: System time warping around real time problem - please help

From: Fionn Behrens (fionn@unix-ag.org)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 17:55:34 EST

On Die, 2003-03-25 at 23:14, george anzinger wrote:
> Fionn Behrens wrote:

> > - System runs stable as long as you dont for (;;) gettimeofday();
> > - notsc being evaluated. I will get back to you later.
> > Does not resolve the odd test software crash, though.

> This all sounds very much like the TSCs are drifting WRT each other.
> Is it possible that you have some power management code (or hardware)
> that is slowing one cpu and not the other?

Well, I still don't really know what TSCs actually are (or what TSC
stands for).

The only suspect in that case would be the amd76x_pm.o kernel module
which I am admittedly using. It saves about 90Watts of power when the
machine is idle...

I'll check what happens when the system boots without amd76x_pm.
Will report back tomorrow.

Thanks to all for keeping the suggestions going!

Regards,
        F. Behrens