[ANNOUNCE] JFS 1.1.2

From: Dave Kleikamp (shaggy@austin.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 16:24:21 EST

Release 1.1.2 of JFS was made available today.

Drop 65 on March 25, 2003 includes fixes to the file system and
utilities.

Utilities changes

- fix undefined reference to errno (G. D. Haraldsson)
- allow jfs_mkfs to run on regular file
- fix for-loop going past last element of vopen array
- sanity checking on variable this_ag
- s_label displayed incorrectly when 16 chars long

File System changes

- Clean up code flushing outstanding transactions to the journal
- Replace ugly debug macros with simpler ones
- Add get_index_page to eliminate unneeded I/O
- Fix hang while flushing outstanding transactions under heavy load
- Avoid deadlock under very heavy load
- Don't zero s_op during failed mount cleanup

Note: The 2.4.21 and 2.5 kernel.org development kernels are kept up to
date with the latest JFS code. The file system updates available on
the web site are only needed for maintaining earlier 2.4 kernels.

For more details about JFS, please see our website:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jfs

Thanks,
Shaggy

--