Re: Deprecating .gz format on kernel.org

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 06:33:59 EST

On Thu, 2003-03-20 11:51:41 -0600, Eli Carter <eli.carter@inet.com>
wrote in message <3E79FFAD.3040904@inet.com>:
> Mike Dresser wrote:
> >On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> >
> >>jbglaw@schnarchnase:/tmp$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> >

> >>bogomips : 15.10
>
> So, who can beat his 15.10 bogomips? Anyone run <1 bogomips?

I've tested an Intel i386SX, 16MHz these days. It reached 1.19 Bogomips
IIRC using 2.4.x.

As you may see, I'm currently collecting very different hardware (very
old ia32 based systems as well as anything != ia32 capable of running
Linux). My goal is to build an (automated) compile & boot farm of
machines to detect major breakages _early_. In the past few years, we
had quite some ups (and some really hard downs...) which I want to see:

- Remember SCSI-eh changes? Some drivers still need to be ported (or am
  I wrong here?)
- module-init-tools took quite some time...
- sparc32 unfortunately is not yet really running 2.5.x. 2.4.x doesn't
  do SMP for me (Level 15 Interrupt). However, here I do know when this
  was introduced and I'll have a look. Somewhen...
- ...

Things are easier to sort out as long as the breakages are _new_. If
they're there for a year and nobody cares about fixing them, non-ia32
architectures might again be near being dropped (sun4?).

With some luck, I'll get some room (incl. power and IP connectivity)
near Halle/Westf. (Germany). If this fails, I'd be _really_ interested
in other offers here... "CRT - Compile and Run a Test"

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));