Re: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@infradead.org)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 01:56:16 EST

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 10:35:05PM -0500, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> very controversial. Andrew blessed them too, when he splitted them (he
> only giveup on the "-rest" patch so that one is still very monolithic
> sorry ;).

For the -rest stuff (and very few other split patches) there's still no
evidence that it needs to go into mainline. But having the other stuff
in would certainly help to not only make mainline useable under higher loads
on not-lowend heardware and has the additional benefit that later patches
form -aa might just apply instead of people like me needing to spend some
time on merging them over just to not get them applied anyway..