Re: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 16:56:14 EST

Martin Mares wrote:
> Do you really think that "People should either use vendor kernels or
> read LKML and be able to gather the fixes from there themselves" is a
> good strategy?

Maybe I can make the point another way...
TANSTAAFL: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Marcelo is a volunteer, and maintaining the 2.4 kernel is not his full
time job. Marcelo isn't beholden to people demanding a kernel release
NOW NOW NOW. If you want that type of support, you have to pay for it.

I consider my personal obligation as "do my best as time and sanity
allows." Demanding of people what they already give freely is a poor
way to motivate.

        Jeff