Re: Ptrace hole / Linux 2.2.25

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 15:13:44 EST

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 14:55, Henrik Persson wrote:

> Would it really hurt that much to release 2.4.21 with the
> ptracefix(es)?

No, it would not. But the point is Marcelo does not need to. If he and
other kernel developers feel this course of action is better warranted,
then that is fine.

Users should rely on their vendors if they cannot rely on themselves.

Note that personally, I probably would of released a 2.4.21 with just
the ptrace security fix applied, as Alan did for 2.2. But I am neither
Alan nor Marcelo, and the actions they both picked are OK.

        Robert Love