Re: 2.5.65: oops: EIP at current_kernel_time +0x0f/0x40

From: Jos Hulzink (josh@stack.nl)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 07:58:04 EST

On Saturday 22 March 2003 13:46, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 01:34:41PM +0100, Jos Hulzink wrote:
> > Gee, you guys are good. Now I'm only left wondering how this setting
> > could be reset to PIV, while I'm sure I set it to PII (as you can see
> > from earlier postings, I managed to get it running till a SCSI lockup
> > caused by probably IRQ prioblems). For now I'll not blame the kernel and
> > tell myself I'm stupid ;-)
>
> Which SCSI? I've been seeing numerous aic7xxx badnesses ca. whatever bk
> snapshot 2.5.65-mm2 was based on. Still looking for the use-after-free...

00:06.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AIC-7880U

Onboard SCSI controller, MPS 1.4 enabled Intel 440 LX chipset (i.e. IRQ
rerouting and stuff) Kernel is recompiled now (processor type change takes a
while, for you need to recompile everything from scatch) to test the
different IRQ settings, have dealt with problems like these before.

Note that I'm testing the official,plain Linus-2.5.65

Jos