Re: 2.5.65 performance

From: John M Flinchbaugh (glynis@butterfly.hjsoft.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 14:44:48 EST

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:38:08PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Charles Baylis <cb-lkml@fish.zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > I'm getting quite a lot of audio skips with this one. 2.5.64-mm8
was the
> > last one I tested and it was very good.
> > 2.5.64-mm8 works fine with pretty much any thud load I throw at it,
but thud
> > 3 is enough to cause some skips with 2.5.65-mm2. Thud 5 causes
serious
> > starvation problems to the whole desktop.
> Please test 2.5.65 base.

doing normal desktop things (gnome, jboss, mozilla, apt-get updates,
etc) i've noticed audio skips on occassion that i had not seen in
kernels previous to 2.5.65.

i'm not going to complain though, because mozilla seems to start
quicker, and my jboss start time has dropped from 1m:10s average to
40s. very cool!

--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |