Re: problem with pcmcia, pci and hard disk

From: Mauro Chiarugi (maurochiarugi@tiscali.it)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 12:11:47 EST

Il 19 Mar 2003 18:04:06 +0000
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> (aka Alan Cox) ha scritto:

> It should never be failing, on 2.4.18 or 2.5.x with ext3. You should
> get log playbacks on a crash and maybe an fsck every 27 if you set the
> checking to run that way.

If i do:

/var/log# grep -ir fsck *

i don't find anything :-(
is it strange, don't you?

> My first guess is you have something corrupting data - bad memory, bad
> disk, overclocking or of course a software bug that you happen to hit
> and nobody else seems to.

mmmm... my poor new laptop!!! :-/
But there is something strange.. i tried to install debian woody, but
when the installation program starts, my notebook freezes!! So i've
tried knoppix.. and then i've installed it. I'm using it.

> What drivers are you running

I've tried with pcmcia 2.1.33 and now with 3.2.4

thx

--
sracatus