Re: BK->CVS is live

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 10:58:45 EST

On Mon, 2003-03-17 07:52:20 -0800, Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com>
wrote in message <200303171552.h2HFqK907234@work.bitmover.com>:
> I think those repositories are stable enough you can start to count on
> them. Sam and others have looked over their changes and think that
> the CVS tree has accurate data.
>
> The CVS repository is at
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@kernel.bkbits.net:/home/cvs
>
> and it has two top level directories, linux-2.4 and linux-2.5.

jbglaw@mirror:~$ rsync kernel.bkbits.net::
rsync: failed to connect to kernel.bkbits.net: Connection refused
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)

:-(

Allowing rsync on the repository could help people on slow links (modem)
esp. as CVS isn't exactly known to be fast and evvective. I'd love to
have it rsyncable (as we have it for mips-linux:-)

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));