Never ever use word BitKeeper if Larry does not like you

From: Pavel Machek (pavel@suse.cz)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 05:51:32 EST

Hi!

Never ever use word KitBeeper, Larry thinks he owns the world.

The page originally said "Goal of this project is to create version
managment system compatible with <prohibited word>".

                                                                Pavel

PS: I know forwarding personal message to the mailing list is not
polite, but this is more of legal threat than personal message...

PPS: About Toyota: I may not be able to call my company Toyota (if you
have registered trademark in czech republic, which I doubt), but I'm
sure able to say that my car contains same engine as Toyota
1234cdt. And as you named directory in the repository BitKeeper,
there's no chance not to mention it.

----- Forwarded message from Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> -----