A suggestion for the netfilter part of the sources

From: David Laganière (spanska@securinet.qc.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 12:26:32 EST

Hi!

Since a couple of new kernel versions already, I use to modify two files
related to the netfilter part to be able to add more
ports for the IRC NAT module. I was wondering if you could definitively
apply those modifications to the kernel sources.
Here are my two modifications:

In /usr/src/linux-2.4.20/net/ipv4/netfilter:
I change "#define MAX_PORTS 8" to "#define MAX_PORTS 15" in both
"ip_conntrack_irc.c" and "ip_nat_irc.c".

I make those modifications to be able to add more ports than only 8 when
a lot more IRC ports than 8 (ex: 6660-6669, 7000, that's already 11).

I'd greatly appreciate a reply even though my suggestion is not a good one.

Thanks.

David Laganière
Network/System Administrator
Securinet Systems