RE: MTRR & HT

From: Nakajima, Jun (jun.nakajima@intel.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 11:01:48 EST

MTRRs must always be set properly, and they need to be consistent among the CPUs (and E820 info). For HT, they are shared between the two logical processors in a processor package. So you just set them once per processor package. Wrong MTTR setups (e.g. set UC for WB) can easily cause performance problems.

Jun