Re: /proc/cpuinfo shows only 2 processors on dual P4-Xeon system

From: Andrew Walrond (andrew@walrond.org)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 16:51:16 EST

Andrew Theurer wrote:
> Does your system BIOS have an option to enable/disable HT support? If it
> does, make sure it is enabled.
>
> I would have expected to see 4 ioapics, but hmm, I don't really know.

All the obvious stuff like bios is correct :)
The 2.4 kernel works fine; 4 cpus detected and displayed in /proc/cpuinfo.
2.5 has never worked properly yet with this m/b; A shame since it's asus
  top of the range dual xeon server board, the PR-DLS.

The 3 io-apics are indeed strange. I'm hoping Andrew Grover might have
some ideas...?

Andrew Walrond